Khopra Danda Trek Extended to Annapurna Base Camp / Mardi Himal
Difficulty: Moderate | Days: 14 | Maximum Altitude: 4660 meters
Khopra trek or Khopra Danda trek is a recently discovered off-beaten community-run trail popular in the Annapurna region of Nepal. The trek offers the experience of the high Himalayas landscape glorified with pristine Khayer lake (4700m) situated at the foot of Annapurna Dakshin (South). It runs parallel to the most famous Ghorepani – Poonhill trek route. It is a trek designed to commune by the locals with a community modality to uplift the lifestyle of local people living across the trail. Khopra Trek Extended has been tailor-made keeping in mind those guests who have few extras during the Khopra Community trek. This 14-15 days diverse trek takes you from the famous Khopra ridge i.e Ghorepani to ABC trek.
The trek can further be extended to Mardi Himal Basecamp Trek if you have a few extra days left.
Highlights of the trek
- Classic trekking route of Nepal runs through Rhododendron forest (The national flower of Nepal).
- Immerse yourself in local culture by staying within the community.
- Visit handmade paper production, cheese factory, mushroom farms, yak, and cow breeding farms.
- Spectacular view of Mt. Dhaulagiri and Annapurna
- Witness the spectacular sunrise from Poon Hill near Ghorepani
- Detox yourself in a natural hot water spring
- Visit the Annapurna Base Camp
- Walk along the alpine dry meadow
Please drop your message below!
Khopra Dada Ridge Trek Itinerary – Extended Trek
Itinerary (Khopra extended Annapurna Base Camp Trek): 14 Days
|1||Drive to Ulleri||Ulleri||1921|
|2||Ulleri to Ghorepani||Ghorepani||2874|
|3||Morning hike to Poonhill further hike to Swanta||Swanta||2200|
|4||Swanta to Upper Chitsibang ( Dhan Kharka)||Danda Kharka||3000|
|5||Upper Chitsibang to Khopra Danda||Khopra Danda||3660|
|6||Khopra Danda to Khayer Lake (4660 m), Back to Khopra Danda||Khopra Danda||3660|
|7||Hike to Dobato (Chistibung)||Dobato||3400|
|8||Hike to Chhomrong||Chhomrong||1780|
|9||Hike to Dovan||Dovan||2600|
|10||Hike to Machhapuchhre Base Camp||MBC||3600|
|11||Hike to ABC(4130m), further hike to Dobhan||Dobhan||2600|
|12||Hike to Jhinu Danda||Jhinu Danda||1780|
|13||Hike to Landruk(1500m), Drive to Pokhara||Pokhara||827|
|14||Fly to Kathmandu, Farewell Dinner in the evening with a cultural show||Kathmandu||1350